Gout is a type of joints pain where Level of uric acid increases in the blood and its crystals start depositing in the joints. Usually it starts from the sudden painful swelling of the big toe but can occur into any of the joint like knee, elbow, foot or hands.Uric acid is produced by our body and also comes from the food we eat.Excess of the uric acid is filtered by the kidney and excreted in the urine. When our body starts producing excess uric acid or kidney stops excreting it properly that increases the uric acid level in the blood.That causes pain and swelling of the joint where it accumulates.
So to treat Gout we have to target the Uric acid level in the blood. This can be done by two ways.
- Taking medicines to reduce the production of uric acid by the body and to correct the functions of the kidneys to excrete it properly.
- By avoiding or lowering the intake of food which are rich in uric acid. These are………
- Meats, such as liver, kidneys, sweetbreads, and brains.
- Meats, including bacon, beef, pork, and lamb.
- Any other meats in large amounts.
- Sea food like Anchovies, sardines, herring, mackerel, and scallops.
- Alcoholic drinks specially Beer
Use maximum of
- Skimmed milk
- Curd, cheese, cottage cheese-Low-fat food
- Whole-grain products such as whole wheat flour.
- Plant oils like cotton seed oil ,olive, canola, sunflower
- Vegetables like spinach, peas, cauliflower, mushrooms. Though high in purine but are good source of protein.
- Vitamin C supplements
- Coffee tea (Optional)
- Plenty of water.
Homeopathy can cure the gout permanently if the treatment is initiated at initial stage before the deformity of the joints is set in.Holac Clinic Of Homeopathy LASER and Acupuncture Mohali, Chandigarh has glorious record of the successful cure of the gout patients.
Though there are no disease specific medicines in Homeopathy but still there are some Homeopathic medicines that are being used to treat the gout successfully.
Lycopodium , Ledum-pal, Benz Acid, Nit-Acid, Berberis-Vul, Urtica-Urens.
Must consult your doctor before choosing from them.